Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Kid Barfed Up At School

So before I could get to my workout today, I was interrupted by a call from my husband. "Kasia has barfed up at school, just inside the school doors". That cut my day short. I headed home, and watched HORTON HEARS A WHO with my daughter. I will not eat treats tonight, I am more careful if I miss a workout.

It happens, kids are unpredictable, life is unpredictable. If I miss one workout to spend time with a sick child, no big deal. I am not addicted to exercise, but I do love it. I have made it my goal to eat extremely clean today, tomorrow is a new day. Part of being able to eat clean is being prepared. I grocery shopped last night and have a fridge full of great food, I am so glad I did otherwise I would not have been prepared for what happened today. As a busy mom you have the role of dropping everything and rushing to the aid of your children. Work/housework is set aside, exercise and diet are set aside and sometimes even a shower. I was grateful that I got up this morning and prepared my "SPICY PULLED PORK" in the crock pot with rice and lentils and had a fridge full of healthy options- one less thing for me to think about when things get out of control.

I had a busy mom fitness home workout yesterday with one lift circut and one core circut. My core circut was prone jack knife, stability ball toe taps/mountain climber combo move. This is a great move that kicks my butt every time.

SPICY PULLED PORK
pork shoulder in crock pot, cover with olive oil and a few table spoons of water
1 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp crushed garlic
1tsp oregano
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
2 sprigs fresh thyme
salt and pepper

No comments:

 
>; Add to Technorati Favorites